Looking back, to see forward.
I help people discover — through the story of their own lives — what they were born to do, and how to use that insight to move confidently & strategically forward in their career decisions.
I have personally dug into numerous personality frameworks (like Myers-Briggs, StrengthsFinder, etc.) and each has offered some helpful insight into different aspects of my life. But, in my own journey to career success, satisfaction, and fit, the best & most valuable self-knowledge did not come from a test or inventory, but from my own life story.
I use two story-based tools to uncover the best of you: what is essential to your giftedness & motivation, and how to best pursue success & enjoyment using that knowledge.
Every person has been gifted with unique motivations — the subject matter, operating conditions, relational scenarios, payoff, and triggers that really get you going!
The combination of your uniquely motivated abilities defies pre-determined categories and algorithms; there’s simply no replacement for the work (and delight) of getting to know your story!
Seeing A Way Forward
Self-awareness is a noble goal, but it’s not enough! Personal revelation cannot be the goal in itself; we want it to take you somewhere.
You’ve told the story about your past, now it’s time to imagine the story of your future. What big goals do you have for a lifetime? If you were in the twilight of your life, looking back, what do you want to see? How can we use what we’ve learned to choose the best path for the journey?
In the end of the whole process, I may have some specific suggestions for career or job roles. But more valuable is the lens that you will have by which to assess every opportunity that may cross your path. The primary goal outcomes for our work together are:
- Confidence in your uniquely gifted abilities & the value you can bring to a scenario
- the Vocabulary to clearly articulate your strengths, gifts, & joys … whether that be to yourself, your family, your boss, or a potential employer
- Peace of Mind that you need not push a rock uphill for life
- a Tool to evaluate opportunities, present & future
- Clear direction for intentionally moving forward towards sustained success & satisfaction in your work life.